Nestled in the heart of New Zealand’s majestic South Island, you will find Aoraki/Mount Cook and the Mackenzie Region.
Clear starry nights, bright sunny days, snow-capped mountains, turquoise lakes and golden tussocks—it’s all right here in the dramatic Mackenzie landscape. Experience the vast open spaces of the Mackenzie Basin and the splendour of Aoraki Mount Cook National Park, home to New Zealand’s highest peak and largest glacier.
Wonder at the southern night sky, get up close with a glacier, explore off the beaten track on the many walking and cycle trails, or head for the slopes at the ski fields.
- Boat or kayak among massive icebergs on a glacier lake.
- Gaze at the stars of the Aoraki Mackenzie International Dark Sky Reserve.
- Taste the freshest sashimi at a local salmon farm.
- Bike a section of the scenic Alps 2 Ocean Cycle Trail.
- Try world class fly fishing or backcountry hunting with an expert guide.
Aoraki-Mt Cook & Mackenzie region
Spring - Sept to Nov
70 - 180
Summer - Dec to Feb
100 - 300
Autumn - Mar to May
80 - 200
Winter - Jun to Aug
-50 - 120