Ōtautahi Christchurch is a city of exploration at the heart of Waitaha Canterbury, one of the most location-diverse regions in the world. In the city expect street art and a bustling hospitality scene, cutting-edge architecture alongside some of the oldest buildings in Aotearoa New Zealand.
The surrounding Waitaha Canterbury region offers visitors unforgettable journeys and picturesque towns, zen-like retreats and thrill-seeking opportunities. Spanning north to Kaikōura, south to Waimate, and reaching to the highest heights of the Southern Alps, everything New Zealand has to offer can be found here in Waitaha Canterbury.
Experience urban regeneration and innovation amid flourishing gardens.
- Check out public art and transitional architecture.
- Taste the city’s thriving food scene.
- Take in magnificent views of the city and the Southern Alps from the Port Hills.
- Stroll through the Botanic Gardens and glide down the Avon river on a punt.
- Experience vibrant new retail areas.
Christchurch & Canterbury Seasons
Spring - Sept to Nov
70 - 170
Summer - Dec to Feb
120 - 300
Autumn - Mar to May
170 - 230
Winter - Jun to Aug
30 - 120