From rugged coastlines and sandy beaches to inland alpine villages and lush green forests – the natural beauty of this area is spectacular.
Home to award-winning thermal pools and a spa, Hanmer Springs offers boutique shopping, excellent eateries and an extensive network of walking and mountain biking tracks.
A sensational area to visit all-year round, Hurunui is hot in summer, bursting with blossom in spring, a blaze of autumn colour, and in winter expect to find postcard-perfect snowy scenes.
The rolling hills of Hurunui are also home to the fast-growing and award-winning North Canterbury Wine Region, with 90+ vineyards, most of them independent owned by close-knit community families. With some of the country’s most diversified land formations, the limestone soils of Waipara transform into the concentrated and expressive wines grown in the region, in particularly the Pinot Noir Chardonnay & Riesling.
Located just a short drive from Christchurch, Hurunui offers dramatic mountains, rivers, and alpine villages.
- Relax in natural thermal pools.
- Explore mountain bike and walking trails around Hanmer Springs.
- Get your adrenalin pumping with jetboating and bungy jumping.
- Take the family to play mini-golf, get lost in a maze, or visit a farm park.
- Play golf at Hurunui golf clubs in alpine vistas or beside the sea.
- Taste some of New Zealand’s leading organic wine’s & foraged ‘farm to plate’ experiences
Hanmer Springs & Hurunui Seasons
Spring - Sept to Nov
80 - 200
Summer - Dec to Feb
110 - 320
Autumn - Mar to May
80 - 240
Winter - Jun to Aug
00 - 150