Located in the stunning alps of the South Island, visitors from around the world are drawn to the Wanaka region by its outstanding beauty.
The town’s stunning mountain and lakeside setting and proximity to Mt Aspiring National Park, makes it the ultimate base for outdoor activities. Stroll the streets to be inspired by galleries, and boutique shops. You’ll be spoilt for choice with a great selection of cafes, excellent restaurants, craft breweries, award-winning wineries, and an artisan distillery.
It begins with the landscape – it breathes, there’s an energy, a feeling, that sets Wanaka apart.
- Explore Mt Aspiring National Park by a scenic flight, walking, jetboat or a combo.
- Get out on the water with lake cruises, fishing, kayak, wakeboarding or stand-up paddleboard.
- Enjoy local artisan food and produce along with local craft beer, award winning spirits and wines.
- Skydive over Lake Wanaka.
- Ski and snowboard on New Zealand’s largest skiable terrain.