The Canterbury region stretches from Kaikoura in the north, to Waimate in the south and as far inland as Mackenzie Country.
Its landscape is diverse, with the Pacific Ocean to the east, Southern Alps to the west, and the patchwork quilt of the Canterbury Plains.
Christchurch is reinventing itself in the wake of earthquakes. Experience urban regeneration and innovation amid flourishing gardens. Discover vibrant new retail, restaurants and creativity.
Experience urban regeneration and innovation amid flourishing gardens.
- Check out public art and transitional architecture.
- Taste the city’s thriving food scene.
- Take in magnificent views of the city and the Southern Alps from the Port Hills.
- Stroll through the Botanic Gardens and glide down the Avon river on a punt.
- Experience vibrant new retail areas.
Christchurch & Canterbury Seasons
Spring - Sept to Nov
70 - 170
Summer - Dec to Feb
120 - 300
Autumn - Mar to May
170 - 230
Winter - Jun to Aug
30 - 120