The seaside settlement is the most northern district in the Canterbury region located on the east coast of the South Island (an ideal location for both north and south bound travellers).
Kaikoura is on the Alpine Pacific Touring route, close to Hanmer Springs alpine spa village and the Waipara Valley wine region. Kaikoura’s rich ocean environment is home to whales, dolphins, albatross, and seals.
Experience New Zealand’s best eco-tourism and a range of exhilarating activities on sea and land.
- Experience the magic of whale watching with a cruise.
- Swim with dusky dolphins in their natural environment.
- See majestic sperm whales from an aeroplane.
- Swim with New Zealand fur seals.
- Explore the coastal waters around the Peninsula by kayak.
Spring - Sept to Nov
70 - 180
Summer - Dec to Feb
100 - 250
Autumn - Mar to May
80 - 220
Winter - Jun to Aug
30 - 140