The region offers a multitude of recreational delights from tasting a world-famous Sauvignon Blanc at one of Marlborough's numerous wineries to cruising or swimming with dolphins in the beautiful Marlborough Sounds.
Marlborough is about world famous wines from New Zealand's largest wine growing region, it's about fresh seafood sought by the world's finest chefs. It's about diverse landscapes, from valleys of vines to sheltered waterways.
Marlborough enjoys high sunshine hours and a temperate climate.
- Join a guided winery tour or hire a bike. Choose from more than 30 cellar doors, tasting award winning wines along the way or indulge in a long lunch at a winery.
- Cruise or kayak the Marlborough Sounds. Encounter five different species of dolphins, whales, seals and rare seabirds.
- Walk or mountain bike the 70km Queen Charlotte Track.
- Visit the theatrical displays of WW1 and WW2 aircraft memorabilia at the Omaka Aviation Heritage Centre.
- Stay at a secluded water's edge retreat or in a lodge amongst the vines.
SPRING - SEPT TO NOV
6 - 220 C
SUMMER - DEC TO NOV
12 - 280 C
AUTUMN - MAR to MAY
5- 240 C
WINTER - JUN to AUG
0 - 180 C