There are lots of reasons why you should book your next trip to the Nelson region. Nature at its finest, along with a wealth of activities, artisan products and eateries.
The Nelson region combines the finest elements of New Zealand with a climate that rivals the Mediterranean.
Discover three national parks, golden sand beaches, alpine meadows and snowy mountain ranges, all within a stone's throw of the city.
The region is a cycling mecca with a vibrant arts scene and a multitude of artisan, culinary delights.
- Explore Abel Tasman National Park with single day / multi-day hiking or on the water, cruising or kayaking.
- Make your way around the art galleries and studios that stretch from the city through to the bay, including the ceramicists, sculptors and artists
- Taste craft beer, cider and boutique wines, often in the company of the producer.
- Cycle Tasman’s Great Taste Trail.
- Discover the top end (or tip) of the South Island at Farewell Spit, Golden Bay.
Nelson & Tasman Seasons
SPRING - SEPT TO NOV
9 - 190 C
SUMMER - DEC TO FEB
12 - 220 C
AUTUMN - MAR TO MAY
6 - 160 C
WINTER - JUN TO AUG
4 - 140 C